December 31, 2011

12 Tags Leftovers...

Hi everyone,

I hope you had a fabulous Christmas with your loved ones this year.  We had a wonderful time with both the Smith and Vargo families, gathering in big groups and little ones too.  Always great to see everyone and be together.

Well, the holidays are famous for leftovers, normally food, but for me... I had some leftovers from Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of Christmas and wanted to use them up, so I made a reverse image tag using up the scraps...


So, you can see, this tag was inspired by the leftovers from Tim's steampunk tag, which was from Day 7.  I used the remaining half of the clock and flipped it to the other side of the tag, and had one sprocket gear left so cut it into sections.  All the grungeboard pieces were painted with paint dabbers (black and copper), sanded down a bit, inked with walnut stain ink, and then hit with a bit of gold for highlights.


Added some idea-ology sprocket gears, game spinners, keys, and a star pin by Maya Road, some filmstrip ribbon, and one of Tim's sentiments to finish it off. 

Hope you have fun ringing in the new year - we're not big party people, so we'll be having a quiet night at home.... but first... must go to visit The Queen.... Queen Patti that it... at The Queen's Ink!  It's been entirely too long... who knows what stashly bits will call my name today!

Happy New Year!

~ ellen.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

The tag is wonderful, Ellen!
Happy New Year to you & yours!

Juls said...

Love what you have done with your leftovers!!! hugs Juls

Nancy Wethington said...

Love this tag! I may have to copy it for a personal diary I'm making. Love that quote.

Anita Houston said...

All your tags and that Christmas configuration are fabulous!!! Congrats on your win today!!! Happy New Year!!!

Hetty said...

What a great way to start 2012! Congrats on being chosen by Tim. You do have an awesome blog!

Julie said...

I came here via Tim. Congrats on your win on Tim's blog!! Have a blast shopping for new goodies. I really like what I've seen here so far and I'll be staying to browse a while!

Anne Kristine said...

Your tag is gorgeous!!
Congrats on being chosen by Tim!