January 12, 2013

Mixed Media Canvases

Hello!

By the time you're reading this I'll be in sunny California enjoying the first day of CHA.  Wanted to share some pix of the mixed media canvases I made for some of my friends I'll be meeting up with at CHA.


The square canvases above measure 4" x 4". I started by stamping a script stamp (Paper Artsy) over the whole canvas with black archival ink.  Then I collaged some canvas strips, map strips, bark ribbon strips, and torn corrugated cardboard pieces onto the canvas.  Traced around each collage piece with a black Stabilo ALL pencil.


Then I applied some of Wendy Vecchi's new embossing paste around the edges and in some of the crevices.  I painted the corrugated cardboard and embossing paste black (should have thought to use the black embossing paste... duhhh), and then I went to town highlighting everything with a combination of different colors of Inka Gold.  I used bronze, gold, and lava green to give a nice patina.


The final step was to add various idea-ology pieces, UTEE molded pieces, beads and other trinkets to each canvas, and added some black pearl pen dots in some of the open space.

That's it for now.  I'll be at CHA, coming home Wednesday with HELS, who will be here through Monday the 21st.  Probably won't be blogging til I get home, but I'll be posting pix on Facebook from the show.

Til next time!

~ ellen.

10 comments:

Helen said...

What fabulous art. I am glad you arrived safely, if with delays; hope by now you've met up with Hels.

Kaz said...

Ellen these are just gorgeous, love all the elements, sooo cool!! Have an amazing CHA, im so excited for you! lots of photos please xxx
kaz x

Patricia said...

AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
GREAT work. have fun on the CHA!
Greetz Patricia

Gillian .... said...

Ellen, stunning mixed media canvases, love everything about them wow. Have a great time at CHA, hugs to Hels, enjoy your time together. x

Wanda H said...

These are Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry said...

Hey there Ellen, loving your artsy pieces of ART that you made for your friends at CHA, I know your having a ball with Hels and Candy and all the other amazing ladies, enjoy sweetie and have a great time. Hugs Terry xxxx

Lori said...

These are really fabulous Ellen! Love all the texture and the UTEE pieces are just wonderful!

isisimaginings.com said...

Wow, gorgeous canvases. Hope you & Hels are having a great time.

Anita Houston said...

I am displaying mine so proudly!!! Thank you so much!!! You are a fabulous artist!

Hels Sheridan said...

and I own one of them now... even more gorgeous in the real... the textures are just awesome x