February 24, 2014

ATC Masterboard

Hello!

Time to start another week and thought I'd kick it off with a tutorial on an ATC master board.  I've done this recently on the PaperArtsy blog, but thought it would be fun to show here as well, and I make ATC's a LOT, so I've got plenty of material!  

I started with Smoothy Heavyweight card, jet black archival ink, and my EEV01 stamps - bold shapes.


I chose four shapes and stamped them in strips, covering the entire page...






Then I went to town with Lin Brown's new limited edition paint colors and my trusty brayer...


First Chartreuse.


Then Tikka.


Some Seaweed.


Added some Autumn Fire...



And here's where I skipped a few photo steps - oops. I brayered some snowflake paint in random sections over the background, then stamped my diamond pattern (EEV03) over the white (still not happy with it), so added book text over the whole thing, letting some of the diamond stamping peek through... much better...)


Then, to incorporate the collage into the piece, I did some over-stamping with my striped border and Lin's Chutney paint...



This master board had originally been intended for some card backgrounds, but it just became too busy so I decided ATC's would be better... I cut them down, added some paint and paint pen markings, and here you go....


and a few close ups... these will likely be used for future Truth Cards.






I'll be back tomorrow with another project to share... thanks for stopping by!

~ ellen.

11 comments:

sam21ski said...

OOOh loving this, but am away at moment in your neck of the woods, well USA anyway!! so can't give it a go,

Fab colours and them new Ltd edition paints are lush aren't they, they fit in perfect with your fantastic new stamp plates.

Sam xx

whyducks said...

How lovely and I can see clearly now so thank you lovely girl xxx

patcrafts said...

Ooooh just love this, thanks for the tutorial. Really need those stamps and the new paints, gorgeous.x

Helen said...

these look fabulous, Ellen. Can I ask, why kind of brayer do you use? I have a speedball and a smaller, Ranger one, and neither seem to get results like you (unless it's just practice!) so I'm curious. Thanks. Keep up the arty work!

ionabunny said...

Love your ATC's. Off to check out truth card??!!

PaperArtsy Rubber Stamps said...

Ohhh that looks fun! Love the layers evolving!

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

They are terrific! Aren't Lin's paint colours wonderful??

Deborah Wainwright said...

Love these Ellen very yummy colours and great stamps x

Kay Wallace said...

I simple MUST find time to make my own masterboard, Ellen! I am so loving what you are creating with yours!!

sara j said...

Ellen - just a quick let you know how powerful and inspiring your art is...I am having just the best time over at Paper Artsy and here revealing in all the luscious color, pattern, and texture...YUMMY!

Angela Radford said...

So pleased I found you, had been visiting Hels blog and she had mentioned you so popped over.
I am absolutely mad on the Masterboard so this is just up my street. Thanks for all the great inpiration, Angela x