March 3, 2014

Scribble ATC's

Hello and Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend - here in Baltimore we're bracing for yet *another* snow storm. I am so very very ready for Spring!  

A couple months ago I saw a video on Jane Davies' website about creating this awesome dimensional collage material that she learned in the book "Rethinking Acrylic" and decided I had to give it a try... click HERE for the tutorial...

Of course you know by know I've been on an ATC kick, mostly related to creating Truth Cards.  I've got a little project proposal underway at my "pay-the-bills" job to bring something similar to our clients, so I'm building up a stash of ATC's for future client cards, and they will be called He[Art] Cards...


Brayered background using Fresco Finish chalk paints (zesty zing, yellow submarine, tango and blood orange), plus collage papers made from brayer clean-ups and my stamps from PaperArtsy, which I am *thrilled* to say are now available in the US at Simon Says Stamp!  See the links to each stamp set on my sidebar! -->>>


This is a new mark I stumbled upon after having an "oops" moment while outlining something, and the pen skipped WAY out of its intended path.. I love when an "oops" moment turns into a new pattern - you'll be seeing this one a lot! 





I love the vibrant backgrounds of these ATC's, and the striking contrast of the black scribble collage and marks made with paint pens.  It's just fun to PLAY and see what happens.



I'll be back tomorrow with another altered file folder.... see you then!

~ ellen.


9 comments:

craftytrog said...

These are fab Ellen! X

annekescardart said...

Wow the just look great. Really love the color combination. So bright makes me feel happy. Thank you Anneke.
www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

Kezzy said...

Wow wow wow awesome ATCs and a fantastic link to the video. Would Fresco paints work for the scribble technique? Bet your mega excited that your stamps are now over there closer to home :-) Kezzy xxx

Hazel Agnew said...

Amazing contrasts, exciting patterns. Full of life. X

Helen said...

oh these are just fantastic!! I love the bold colours and the hint of white just makes them all pop.

whyducks said...

How lovely

Nan G said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Fab colors. The most amazing "scribbles" I've ever seen!

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

You are a genius at making these! They're gorgeous.

maj. said...

These are brilliant!