Thursday, March 12, 2015

What I've Been Up To

Hi everyone,

It has been QUITE a while since my last blog post and some of you have asked if everything is OK. So I wanted to take a moment to let you know.... I'm fine.  I'm just taking a bit of a break from blog land to focus on some goals, both personal and artistic.  

On a personal note, I've been focusing on losing some weight, something I have struggled with my whole life.  I have been successful in losing weight a couple of times, but have let it creep back on ever so slowly (dang it, I do love food!).  I'm going to see Hels in May and really wanted to drop 30 pounds because it will make traveling more comfortable and enjoyable for me.  I'm happy to report that after only 7 weeks, I've lost 22 pounds!  Only 8 more to go.  

Artistically, I've been doing less than normal, but I still spend time in the studio, and I'm working some items that I hope to be able to sell in an on-line shop (not sure if I'll do the Etsy route, or add a shopping page to my blog... need to do more research).

I'm heading off to "stamp camp" this afternoon and will spend the weekend with a group of wonderful ladies making art for 3 days.  Looking forward to some quality time with quality people!

I hope you are all doing well - I'll be back sometime - just not sure when.   Until then...

~ ellen.


10 comments:

Annette Green said...

Well, Ellen, thank you for the update. It's good to know all is okay. I was thinking about you just the other day when looking through some Ranger U photos. Way to go on the weight loss. It's so difficult and the older we get, the harder IT gets. But you are doing it, and that's amazing!! Keep it up, girl. Nothing makes a person happier than feeling good about themselves inside and out. I'm excited you'll be going to visit Hels. One day I hope to meet that sweet, crazy lady in person. She seems like a hoot! Big hugs to you, Ellen. Have an awesome time at Stamp Camp. Sounds like fun!

Krisha said...

So good to hear from you.
BRAVO on the weight loss. I've had the same battle as long as I can remember.

whyducks said...

Very well done with the weight, that is a real achievement. Glad you are OK I did wonder and miss you xx

PaperArtsy said...

Well done on the weight loss. So hard to lose and easy to gain! Fabulous result! You weekend ahead sounds like bliss, and I'm sure you'll have a fab time with Hels come May! If you can fit popping into PAHQ in your schedule we'd love to see you for a cuppa tea and scones... Oops I mean ....salad??? Lol. Anytime xxx

Helen said...

Glad to hear you're ok, and well done on the weight loss.. I hadn't realised just how long it was since your last post, until I saw this one. Hope you enjoy your trip to see Hels!

suzieq23 said...

WOW Ellen congrats on the weight loss Did you follow a weight loss program or just did it by yourself? I am looking to lose about 20 and just cant seem to get it together. Please Tell me your secret.

Marjie Kemper said...

So glad to see a 1036 email alert... and you GO girl on all your efforts. Have a fabulous weekend with your pals, and of course, I know you'll have an amazing time with Hels. Hugs from NY!

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

Great to read a blog post from you, have been thinking about you. Well done on the weight loss, wishing you continued success.

Wanda Hentges said...

Great to hear from you!!!! Huge congrats on the weight thing... it is sooooooooooo hard. I'm trying to lose some weight and it's a huge struggle.

Lucy Edmondson said...

What a brilliant weight loss, well done. I struggle too. I was thinking about you as I'm a big fan and I love seeing you on paperartsy. Have a great trip!

Lucy x